Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education (TCAE) is looking for a person with necessary computing, communication and research skills to develop an expandable database of progressive civil society organisations in South Africa, the continent and in the global political south. Preference will be given to activists who have worked with or engaged in the work of Tshisimani.
Tshisimani has an existing database of our partner organisations, individuals and organisations whom we engage with on a regular or intermittent basis. Many NGO’s and social movements have their own databases of activists and organisations at various stages of development. We would like to collaborate with progressive civil society organisations and resource centres to development a comprehensive, expandable and up-to-date database so that information can be shared more broadly and to expand access to information, programmes and events.
We are looking for a freelance person with the following skills;
- Excellent knowledge and experience with MS office (word, excel, outlook);
- familiarity with or able to learn Microsoft Access database programme;
- a good understanding of progressive civil society organisations (who and where they are, how to contact, etc);
- excellent written and verbal communication skills: in particular the ability to phone up or email organisations to request information required;
- a background as an activist that will inform the kind of data base required;
- highly organised and able to work independently as well as in a team;
- the ability to research organisations, other data bases, and select appropriate information.
Expected outcomeswill include, but not limited to an expandable database that will include:
- Organisation type, location and contact details;
- Areas of focus and types of activities;
- Composition of organisation and relevant sub-fields that will emerge from the consultation process.
Time period for Project:
The Project is expected to commence on 1 April 2020 and completed on or before 30 May (negotiable based on output).
Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education will provide the following resources for the execution of the Project:
- Workspace, telephone and laptop for the duration of the Project
- Administrative support where necessary
- Access to existing database of TCAE.
If you feel you fit the job requirements please submit a CVincluding the following information: the relevant experience, skills and qualifications you have to work on this project, including three contactable referees(email and telephone). Please also include a one page covering letterthat addresses why you feel you meet the requirements of the job. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org Friday, 13 March 2020.
If you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.