Part-Time contract position: Arts in Activist Education Programme Assistant
The Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education (Mowbray, Cape Town) is looking for a part time Arts in Activist education programme assistant for a contract from mid-May to mid-September 2019. Working two days per week (flexible depending on requirements) the assistant will be expected to support the Centre’s work in building the use of the arts as a key tool in activism and political education. We are looking for a young dynamic person who is passionate about the arts and highly organised and is based in Cape Town. The candidate will be expected to:
- A relevant post-matric qualification or equivalent.
- Interest in the use of the creative and performing arts for education and social and political expression.
- A background in the creative & performing arts (drama/dance/art).
- Good organisation skills, including the use of MS office (word and excel packages).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English andeither isiXhosa or
- Experience in working with young people would be an advantage.
- Experience as a tutor or facilitator would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing events would be an advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently when required.
To apply, please send a covering letterof not more than a page telling us why you are suitable for this post (please avoid a general letter, rather address the job requirements highlighting why you are the best person for the job). Please also send us a CVwhich includes the name and contact details (cell number and email address) of at least two referees. Please do notsend certificates or copies of degrees etc.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Monday 13 May by 16:00.Interviews will take place the same week. If you have not heard from us within one week of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.